Application deadline: December 1
Educational Scholarships Program
Healthy Vision Association (HVA) awards scholarships of $2,500 each to students who are attending one of the 21 optometry schools in the United States and who meet the criteria listed below. Up to 20 scholarships will be awarded each year. They are based on grade point average, extracurricular activities, and a required essay.
- You must be either: a) an HVA member whose membership is current and in good standing; or b) a spouse or child (28 years or younger) of an HVA member whose membership is current and in good standing.
- You must be enrolled at one of the nation's 21 accredited optometry schools. You must be able to show your grade point average (GPA) to the Scholarship Committee by emailing, faxing or mailing current educational facility-generated documents from the high school or optometry school you are now attending.
Scholarship Applications will not be considered without the additional information listed below. Information can be e-mailed, faxed or mailed as attachments with your application. If sent separately, be sure to identify each item with your name and phone number.
- Either 2 letters of recommendation or an essay explaining why you believe you'll be an excellent optometrist.
- Your high school and/or college transcript. Please send grades from the semester prior to the semester for which you are applying.
- A list of all your extracurricular activities and clubs.
- Any other information you feel is pertinent to your being considered for this scholarship.
Send Information to:
||HVA Scholarship Committee
||12444 Powerscourt Drive, Suite 500A
||St. Louis, MO 63131
Note: Recipients of HVA Scholarship Program funds may be advised to these proceeds based on applicable state and federal income tax rulings.